Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 1 in Hospital After Surgery -- Thu. 12/09/2010

Breakfast was extremely disappointing as it consisted of a waffle and black coffee -- yuk! I started to notice that there were a constant stream of nurses coming and going giving me drugs, a shot in my stomach to thin my blood, and morphine drip. I also sweet-talked one of the cute nurses into removing my catheter earlier that morning. I met my roommate and his wife; he was an older man in his early sixties who had a left knee replacement. We began physical therapy later that morning which was not that grueling actually. They just showed me a few exercises for about 15 minutes and that was that.

I did enjoy getting out of my room for some different scenery. I thought that I would past the time away reading my book of literature but my mental state did not allow it as I had trouble concentrating on anything other than my new hip and associated pain. I did manage to go on a rendezvous -- by myself -- to the computer lab to check my email despite the nurses’ instructions to stay put. Lunch and dinner were not that much better than breakfast. I cannot remember exactly what they gave me over and above the black coffee but I do remember that it was bland, tasteless, and uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment