Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 2 in Hospital After Surgery -- Friday 12/10/2010






I woke up to more pills, shots, and morphine drip. Breakfast was a little better but still no eggs. I got a chance to get to know my roommate a little better and it turns out that he was a butt-hole especially towards his very caring wife. I was issued a walker which really made me feel old. I received a doctor's visit from my surgeon and part of his team; they checked out their handy work and changed my bandage. He said that he would make the determination tomorrow as to whether I would be released from the hospital tomorrow. I managed to sneak off again on my own to the computer lab to check my email. Today we had a morning and afternoon session of physical therapy which again lasted only about 30 minutes of exercises and instructions. That is when I was given an oversized rubber band and leg assist by one of the Physical Therapist named Christopher. The rest of the day consisted of me once again trying to get comfortable with my new hip which proved to be quite the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment